Orders of Non-Disclosure

Houston Orders of Non-Disclosure Attorneys :: The Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp

Anyone who has been arrested for a crime will, regardless of the outcome, have a criminal record. For those who are never prosecuted or who are found not guilty in a court of law, this record can be completely wiped clean. However, a person’s record will most likely not be erased if he or she has received deferred adjudication.

Deferred adjudication occurs when an individual admits guilt, but the judge chooses to defer that finding. A person must then serve probation in order for a conviction to not become final. After this probation period is up, an individual will have to wait a certain period of time, but they can then have their record sealed through non-disclosure.

Do you need help sealing your criminal record?
Contact order of non-disclosure attorney Matthew Sharp for help 

Why Do I Need an Order of Non-Disclosure?

It makes a lot of sense for a person to use an order of non-disclosure lawyer in Houston to have their criminal record hidden. Many people believe that a charge that results in deferred adjudication is automatically removed from a record, but this is simply not true. These charges remain for everyone to see.

Criminal charges, even those resulting in deferred adjudication, can lead to several negative consequences. For instance, many employers will automatically overlook an applicant with a criminal record. This is especially true if they have two candidates who are equally qualified, and only one has a criminal record.

These charges also show up when background checks are performed for apartment leases, mortgages and even student loan applications. Criminal charges that come up in these checks often lead those performing the check to believe that an individual is too risky to take a chance on.

Who is Ineligible for an Order of Non-Disclosure?

Deferred adjudication is meant to help people get on the right track, and that’s why non-disclosure is possible  in many circumstances. However, the following offenses cannot be hidden from public view:

  • Sexual assault or aggravated sexual assault
  • Crime involving abandoning, endangering or injuring a child
  • Violating a protective order
  • Indecent acts with a child
  • Aggravated kidnapping or unlawful restraint
  • Promoting or possessing child pornography
  • Murder
  • Prostitution
  • Stalking
  • Family violence

Call a Houston Order of Non-Disclosure Lawyer

Matthew Sharp has extensive experience in helping his clients avoid the future consequences of a criminal charge. If you need help sealing your criminal record, give The Law Office of Matthew D. Sharp a call today.

Contact Matthew Sharp